Trace D. McRaney
Trace D. McRaney was born in Lucedale, Mississippi on January 7, 1968. He graduated from Bay High School in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi in 1986, with honors. Trace attended Pearl River Community College, where he lettered in varsity football and was listed in the Who's Who Among Junior College Students. He then completed his undergraduate studies at Millsaps College, graduating cum laude in 1990, with a B.A. in History. Trace lettered in varsity football and played varsity baseball while at Millsaps College. He as also a member of Phi Alpha Theta, a history honorary, while at Millsaps. Trace attended the University of Mississippi School of Law where he was a member of the Mississippi Law Journal. In 1994, he obtained his Doctorate of Jurisprudence from the University of Mississippi School of Law. Trace joined Dukes, Dukes, Keating & Faneca, P.A. in 1998 as an associate. In 2002, he became a shareholder in the firm. Trace has extensive experience in the courtroom, having tried numerous jury and non-jury trials to verdict.
In addition to his trial court experience, Trace has handled numerous appeals to the Mississippi Supreme Court and presented appellate arguments to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Trace is married to the former Wendy Shaw, and they have one daughter, Emma. Trace and his family reside in Kiln, Mississippi.
Outside the office, Trace enjoys hunting, fishing, Ole Miss and Millsaps sports and the Saints.
- 99% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Waltman v. Payne, 535 F.3d 342 (5th Cir. 2008)
- Trivanovich v. Gulfport-Biloxi Regional Airport, 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 53399 (S.D., Miss 2008)
- Delmont v. Harrison County Sch. Dist., 944 So. 2d 131 (Miss Ct. App. 2006)
- Alley v. Northern Ins. Co., 926 So 2d 906 (Miss. Ct. App. 2006)
- Mercer v. Moody, 918 So 2d 365 (Miss. 2005)
- Satchfield v. Morrison & Sons, Inc., 872 So 2d 661 (Miss. 2004)
- Harvey v. Stone County Sch. Dist., 982 So 2d 463 (Miss. Ct. App. 2008)
- Barr v. Hancock County, 950 So 2d 254 (Miss. Ct. App. 2007)
- McGrath v. City of Gautier, 794 So 2d 983 (Miss. 2001)
- Harris v. Payne, 2007 U.S. App. LEXIS 26784 (5th Cir. 2007) (5th Circuit Court of Appeals 2007)
- Harrison v. Mcdonald's Mgmt. Co.,, 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 56583 (D.D. Miss. 2011) (2011)
- Rhodes v. Raffeo,, 74 So.3d 915 (Miss. Ct. App. 2011) (2011)
- Progressive Insurance Company
- Safeway Insurance Company
- United Automobile Insurance Company
- Aspen Insurance UK, Limited
- Summit Risk Services
- Mississippi Tort Claims Board
- Louisiana Insurance Guaranty Association
- Molokai Condominiums, Diamondhead, Mississippi
- Vela Insurance Services, Inc.
- Star Buffet, Inc.
- Coach-Trial Academy for Young Lawyers, Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association, 2009
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubble Peer Review Rated B-V