Haley Necaise Broom
Haley N. Broom became a Shareholder in the firm Dukes, Dukes, Keating & Faneca, P.A. in 2010. She received an undergraduate degree in Psychology from the University of Southern Mississippi and obtained her Doctor of Jurisprudence from the University of Mississippi, both graduating cum laude.
Haley is admitted to practice before all Mississippi Trial Courts; Mississippi Court of Appeals; Mississippi Supreme Court; the Northern and Southern Districts of the United States District Court of Mississippi; United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.
Haley's primary areas of practice are: Civil Litigation, Aviation Law, Government Affairs, Law Enforcement and Correctional Facility Defense, Administrative Law, Labor and Employment Law, Municipal Law, General Liability Defense, Wills and probate Estates, and Family Law. Some of Haley's client's include: Harrison County Emergency Communications Commission, Institute for Marine Mammal Studies, Harrison County Sheriff's Office and the Gulfport-Biloxi Regional Airport Authority.
Haley served as a board member of the Harrison County Republican Club. She has served as both past President and Vice-President of the Kiwanis Club of Gulfport and is a current member of the following organizations: the Harrison County Bar Association, Mississippi Bar Association, American Inns Court, the American Association of Airport Executive, the Southeast Chapter of the American Association of Airport Executives, the Mississippi Airport Authority, the Mississippi volunteer Lawyers Project, the Junior Auxiliary of Gulfport, Hearts Without a Home Project and Co-Founder of the Blum and Broom Crawfish Boil which benefits Hope Haven Children's Shelter.
Haley routinely serves as the Hearing Officer for administrative hearings before the Gulfport-Biloxi Regional Airport Authority. She has instructed at the Harrison County Law Enforcement Training Academy, which is jointly operated by the Harrison County Sheriff's Office, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, and the Mississippi Air National Guard.
Haley received the 2010 Kiwanian of the Year, the Sun Herald and The Mississippi Business Journal's Top Ten Business Leaders under 40, class of 2010, was named one of the Mississippi Business Journal's 2011 Mississippi's 50 Leading Business Women, and was recognized as a "Rising Star" in the Super Lawyers Magazine 2014 Edition.
Haley is married to Christopher Broom, and they have three children. Haley and her family are members of St. Ann's Catholic Church.
- 80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Aviation Law
- Government Affairs
- Law Enforcement and Correctional Facility Defense
- Administrative Law
- Labor and Employment Law
- Municipal Law
- General Liability Defense
- Wills and Probate Estates
- Family Law
- "Contributions of the Gaming Industry in Mississippi and Present Risks that the Industry Faces: A Proposal for Mississippi Casino's to be Moved Onto Land", Gaming Law Review, April, 2005
- Waltman v. Payne, 535 F.3d 342 (5th Circuit 2008)
- Hale v. Harrison County Board of Supervisors et al., No. 06-60729, 2008 U.S. App. LEXIS 8817 (5th Circuit 2008)
- Anderson v. Pavne, 06-60874, 2008, U.S. App. LEXIS 12 (5th Circuit 2008)
- Casino Airport Shuttle. Inc. v. Gulfport-Biloxi Reg'l Airport Authority, No.06-6114,2007 U.S. App. LEXIS 23346 (5th Circuit 2007)
- Golden v. Harrison County, No.06-1006, 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 82102 (2008)
- Harrison County Emergency Communications Commission
- Marine Institute for Mammal Studies
- Harrison County Sheriff's Office
- Gulfport-Biloxi Regional Airport Authority
Honors and Awards
- Kiwanian of the Year, 2010
- Top Ten Business Leaders under 40, 2010
- Mississippi's 50 Leading Business Women, 2011
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2014
- Chi Omega Alumni
Pro Bono Activities
- Mississippi Young Lawyers Project, 2006 - Present