Bobby Ray Long
Bobby R. Long has been a shareholder in the firm Dukes, Dukes, Keating & Faneca, P.A. since 2005. He was educated at Delta State University in Cleveland, Mississippi receiving a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice and obtained his Doctor of Jurisprudence from Mississippi College School of Law. Prior to joining Dukes, Dukes, Keating & Faneca, P. A., Bobby served as Director of the Legal Division for the Mississippi State Tax Commission. Bobby is currently a member of the Mississippi Bar Association, the Harrison County Bar Association and the American Inns of Court. He is admitted to practice before all Mississippi trial courts; Mississippi Court of Appeals; Mississippi Supreme Court; the Northern and Southern Districts of the United States District Court of Mississippi; United States Tax Court; United States Court of Appeal for the Fifth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court. Bobby is also a member of the Mississippi Tort Claims Board Approved Attorney Register.
Bobby's primary areas of practice are: Litigation; Real Estate; Regulatory Law; Administrative Law; Contract Law; Insurance Defense; Law Enforcement Defense; Corrections Facilities Law; Zoning, State and Local Taxation; Gaming Law; Liquor Law; Aviation Law; Civil Rights Defense and Employment Defense.
Bobby has given presentations to various private and business groups regarding tax, regulatory and administrative law related issues. He has also give numerous presentations on tax related matters to the Mississippi Tax Assessors and Collectors Association and the Southeastern Association of Tax Administrators. He has testified before legislative committees on tax related issues as well as regulatory and administrative law. Bobby was involved in drafting the laws relating to legalized gambling and the regulations which control their operation in the State of Mississippi.
- Anderson v. Lambert, 494 So.2d 370 (MS 1986)
- MS State Tax Comm. 3300 Corp., 515 So.2d 912 (MS 1987)
- Chiz's Motel & Restaurant, Inc. v. MS State Tax Comm., 750 F.2d 1305 (5th Cir. 1985)
- Kerr McGee Chemical Corp. v. Buelow, 670 So.2d 12 (MS 1995)
- Tennessee Gas Pipeline Co. v. Marx, 594 So.2d 615 (MS 1992)
- Weeks Dredging & Contracting, Inc. v. MS State Tax Comm., 521 So.2d 884 (MS 1988)
- H.J. wilson Co., Inc. v. MS State Tax Comm., 737 So.2d 981 (MS 1998)
- Mississippi Power & Light Co. v. MS State Tax Comm., 704 So.2d 981 (MS Ct. App. 1997)
- Mississippi State Tax Comm. v. Chevron U.S.A., Inc., 650 So.2d 1353 (MS 1995)
- Presentations on Tax Related Issues, Mississippi Assessors and Collectors Association
Past Employment Positions
- Mississippi State Tax Commission, Director of Legal Division/Staff Attorney
Pro Bono Activities
- Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project, 2005 - 2009